Old August 18th 03, 03:04 PM
WB2JKX

Martial Spirit wrote in message
m...
Hello-

Thank you for your reply.

It's already RF. How do you think your signal gets to the cell tower?

Magic... Again I refer you to my qualified -- (Totally Uninformed)
Newbie disclaimer.

What I would like to know is how one would go about broadcasting from
a cradled cell phone to a standard 900MHz or 2.4GHz phone? My
assumption is that there would need to be a conversion from the cell
signal to RF and then vise versa for communication. What I would like
is for my cell phone to be the central transponder for a 2-4 phone
network with 2-way communication.

---------RF----------900MHz
phone

incoming cell signal---cell phone-|--------RF----------2.4GHz
phone

phone

Is there such a device already available?

Thanks,

Andrew Maddox

There is, at least recently, a device that works on Nokia cell phones. It
connects the cell phone to your standard inside phone wiring. You can use
any standard phone device to make calls through the cell phone. You would
still need the base units for any cordless phones, connected to the phone
wiring.