Old November 15th 14, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
FBMboomer[_2_] FBMboomer[_2_] is offline

Default It is a truism

On 11/14/2014 2:49 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Jerry Stuckle" wrote in message
On 11/14/2014 12:34 PM, wrote:

You ignore the fact this is an idealized environment. That is NEVER the
case in a real installation.

I have WAS on 75 SSB (from Iowa) with an inverted Vee. The top was only
50' in the air. And late at night in the wintertime I had pretty solid
communications over much of the continental U.S. (back in the late 70's
and early 80's).

Antennas NEVER work "as predicted" - and anyone who claims they do does
not understand antenna operation.

Antennas 'always' work as predicted. People just don't always factor in
everything in the prediction. Just as I worked a station on 432 MHz with 25
watts to a 1/4 wave ground plane that was about 1000 miles away. Nice bit
of tropo that day.

I bet I could put up a g5rv at 30 feet on some rare country and get loads of
5/9 signals no mater how many times the calls had to be repeatd.

Please do put up your G5RV. We could all do with less QRM. And sure, all
antennas work as predicted. I love the irony.

---