Old November 23rd 14, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
John Davis[_3_] John Davis[_3_] is offline

Default The self-respecting radio amateur?

On 11/15/2014 2:04 PM, wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.equipment gareth wrote:
wrote in message
The idea that properly designed equipment has to be checked daily is
preposterous.

I didn'y suggest that it had to be checked daily,

The idea that properly designed equipment has to be checked on any
regular basis is preposterous.

Now here I disagree, Properly designed Amateur Radio gear needs frequent
checking,, For exmple between 3 and 5 AM (All times are Eastern Time
zone) you need to check it on 3583 (Before Breakfast club) from 5 to
whenever (not really sure, thin 7 or 8) Same frequency and it's the
breakfast club

A couple hours later (nine to noon) it needs checking on 7272 for the 72
chew.. Shall i continue.

Though you and I may well have a DIFFERENT Definition of "Checking".

I like to check mine on PSK in the afternoon and evening too.

--
Home, is where I park it.

---