Old November 26th 14, 04:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Charly Charly is offline

Default Successful indoor antenna at last - I think

Le 26/11/2014 00:57, a écrit :
On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 3:44:35 PM UTC-8, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:
On 11/25/2014 2:05 PM, Ross Archer wrote:
Hey folks,

Thought I'd share the results of some recent successful indoor
antenna experiments. I wanted something to take on the road and
also use when an outdoor antenna isn't convenient or practical.

[...]

Sounds very good. I imagine it would really improve hotel-room
reception over the whip built in to my Eton E1.

Thanks,

Kevin, WB4AIO.

It's interesting when you break the loop circuit (switch located halfway between the ends of the loop) how the signal sometimes goes up (though more often it goes down) but the noise nearly always increases.

There's definitely something about the loop configuration that is rejecting electrical noise.

Hello Ross,

It would be interesting to test it against some commercial products such
as the Sony AN-LP1 loop antenna, Tecsun DE31/Kaito KA31, or the
Wellbrooke used by Drifter (certainly not in the same category).

Can you have this opportunity ?

Good SWL,

Charly