Old November 26th 14, 07:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Barry OGrady[_3_] Barry OGrady[_3_] is offline

Default The self-respecting radio amateur?

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 18:00:40 -0500, John Davis
wrote:

On 11/15/2014 2:04 PM, wrote:

What do you call this 15th month?

In rec.radio.amateur.equipment gareth wrote:
wrote in message
The idea that properly designed equipment has to be checked daily is
preposterous.

I didn'y suggest that it had to be checked daily,

Ock mon, you didn'y have to say that.

The idea that properly designed equipment has to be checked on any
regular basis is preposterous.

Now here I disagree, Properly designed Amateur Radio gear needs frequent
checking,, For example between 3 and 5 AM (All times are Eastern Time
zone) you need to check it on 3583 (Before Breakfast club) from 5 to
whenever (not really sure, thin 7 or 8) Same frequency and it's the
breakfast club

A couple hours later (nine to noon) it needs checking on 7272 for the 72
chew.. Shall I continue.

Though you and I may well have a DIFFERENT Definition of "Checking".

I like to check mine on PSK in the afternoon and evening too.

Sounds like an extended tune up session is called for on those
frequencies and times.

--
http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2014...tanding-c.html

"During my tenure as an active young-earth creationist, I never once
heard other creationists accurately describe what evolutionary theory
is or how it is supposed to work. Nor did I understand it myself.
Creationists often seem familiar with a lot of scientific terminology,
but their understanding is filled with gross misinformation. Thus, a
host of misconceptions is believed and taught throughout creationist
circles, making it almost impossible for actual evidence to really
sink in."