Old November 27th 14, 10:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
gareth gareth is offline

Default Voting time for the uk.* amateur radio moderated group!

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
The abuse and unpleasantness started in the late 1990s, as can be seen in
the archives.
That was long before Steve posted to the group.
When I started posting, around 2001, I was shocked by what I saw. I
recognise the style of
some of the ring leaders who cause the abuse, for example by postings with
abusive titles.

This was recently posted in uk.radio.amateur under the title
of "A guide to his modus operandi"; to whom do you think that
the reference implied by, "his" applied? ...

Firstly to seek attention by goading and innuendo

Secondly, having induced indignance in his victim to further
seek attention by claiming that the indignance being expressed
defensively is the origination of abuse.

Thirdly to seek more attention by becoming aggressive, getting
people arrested, etc.