Old November 27th 14, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Sony 2001D 2SK152 replacement ....

On Thu, 27 Nov 2014, wrote:

Since no one else has mentioned it, ISTR that people have used 2N3819
and MPF102 to replace the front end JFET. When I Googled MPF102, one
link came up for 10 for $4.80 on eBay. It seems to me that any
small-signal n-channel jfet will work well enough to get you a
functioning radio (but I have never actually made this repair). While
you are at it, you might also want to put parallel back-to-back Si
switching diodes (1N914 or 1N4148) between the gate and ground to
protect the jfet from ESD.

I certainly alluded to that when I suggested doing a search for what
people did when they blew out the original FET.

In both cases, the devices you mention are very available jfets. They may
or may not be the best choice (especially if the biasing isnt' changed)
but they are the most likely devices to be available through hobby
channels. And people seem satisfied with the results. Michael Covington
had a hint up about this, and he's one of those people who'd be fussy if
he felt it mattered what the exact device was.

Michael