Old November 29th 14, 12:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Sony 2001D 2SK152 replacement .... 2sk170

2sk170?

On 11/24/2014 12:20 PM, Michael Black wrote:
On Sun, 23 Nov 2014, marc wrote:

Hello,

I fit a 3 pin plug and tried some transistors ..

I get a good result with a C369 ...

Any comments?

I did not find my stock replacements, but have a box of spare parts
from ?? all kind of old electronics ... ;-)

If the replacement isn't a jfet, it won't work at all. That "C369"
sounds more like a bipolar transistor, and if you get "good results",
it's only because the transitor is letting the signal pass through. It
can't amplify, bipolar transistors need forward biasing, and that's not
there since the transistor is supposed to be a jfet.

If you do a search, the need to replace that front end jfet (I'm
assuning that's where the part is) is fairly common, so there are
various people on the web writing about replacing it. I think they've
often used an available jfet, which won't be optimum, but will work
better than a bipolar transistor.

Michael