Old December 26th 03, 07:47 PM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 18:44:05 GMT, Dave J. wrote:

The rails of my rack look like their about 2 meters long or real close
but there's bars going perpendicular to the rails too to add more
metal. There's not a lot of choices for antenna mounting on the RV but
the rack seems perfect for the truck-mirror or marine-rail type of
antenna mounts. If I don't use the rack then I need some type of
antenna that doesn't need a ground plane, right? Don't know much about
what's available that doesn't need a ground plane.

Dave

Hi Dave,

You have more than enough metal to do the job. You will not find a
better situation unless you wrap the RV in aluminum foil (to add about
0.1 dB gain); but then you would run into things because of the
blocked windshield.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC