Old November 29th 14, 06:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default High brightness LEDs?

In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors rickman wrote:
On 11/28/2014 11:57 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 11/28/2014 11:02 PM, wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors Jerry Stuckle wrote:

snip

Note the paragraph under "Do all LED and CFL light bulbs work with all
dimmers?"

No, thet don't, it depends on the manufacturer of the bulb.

Here's a couple of references from someone that does not sell light bulbs
or dimmers:

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/five-thin...ing-led-bulbs/

http://www.cnet.com/news/which-led-l...t-for-dimming/

I find cnet to be more reliable than PC Magazine - but that isn't saying
much. They are a consumer-oriented site, and dumb down their reports
significantly to meet the average reader's intelligence (which means
about the third-grade level - seriously). And please note the first
reference is a person who is a "CNET How-to expert" and the second a
"text-based adventure connoisseur".. Neither is an engineer. What are
their credentials - except that they got paid?

I'll go by the manufacturers which product the goods - and they all say
the same thing. When in doubt, find out from the experts.

Great review link. I think this shows conclusively that there are LED
bulbs that work with legacy dimmers. Regardless of what the "experts"
may say.

Just the "experts" that have dimmers to sell...

--
Jim Pennino