Old November 29th 14, 12:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
gareth gareth is offline

Default High brightness LEDs?

"gareth" wrote in message
"Rob" wrote in message

This combination does not work for all LED bulbs, because the electronics
in the bulb are trying to put a constant current through the LED
independent
on the mains voltage

Aah! I had not considered the possibility of further integration within
the semiconductor
of the LED.

Clearly I'm behind the times, for all my LEDs are just that.

In 1972 in my final year at Uni (electronics) I was drawing £3 per week for
all living expenses, and £3 was the cost of an LED, and one of my
contemporaries had special dispensation to include an LED in
his 3rd year project!

(STUDENT grant was £365, £1 per day, and tuition fees
were paid)