Old November 30th 14, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default High brightness LEDs?

In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 11/29/2014 12:55 PM, wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 11/29/2014 1:09 AM,
wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors Jerry Stuckle wrote:

snip

"No, unlike incandescent bulbs that work with almost any dimmer, LED and
CFL bulbs perform differently depending on the dimmer you install. You
will need to select a dimmer designed specifically for dimmable LED/CFL
bulbs."

Not if you use Phillips bulbs.

http://www.cnet.com/news/which-led-l...t-for-dimming/

snip remainder

And exactly what are the qualifications of the author? A "text-based
adventure connoisseur"?

I'll believe the engineers who design dimmers, not the funny pages.

Yes, you will believe the engineers from the company whose bulbs and
dimmers you sell; you kind of have to.

No, I don't. I believe them because they are correct. If I didn't
believe them, we wouldn't sell their product.

Oh course you wouldn't.

There are lots of INDEPENDANT reviews out there that do NOT hold the
same views you do.

Independent reviews by untrained people are worth exactly what you paid
for them.

And of course anyone that disgrees with you is untrained.

Keep reading the funny pages. They're your speed.

And of course any independant reviewer that disagrees with you is the
"funny pages".

--
Jim Pennino