Old November 30th 14, 06:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Model making?

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014, gareth wrote:

One of my other hats besides amateur radio is model engineering, so I
wondered
if there had ever been a movement to make 1/4 size models of the old
boatanchors,
but hiding modern electronics deep inside?

I don't know. But elsewhere, someone was showing pictures of his planned
workshop. He actually did make models to figure out how to place
everything, and that included little models (that looked very real) of old
radios and test equipment. These were doll house size, so not much place
for electronics inside. Come to think of it, someone did make a "doll
house" that represented a Zenith dealer's store decades back, apparently
the owner lived upstairs. So there were model radios.

Michael