Old December 1st 14, 12:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Value/Vacuum tube primer

On 12/01/2014 01:35 AM, AndyW wrote:
I have picked up an old radio that I plan on restoring but it is valve
based and I am a child of the transistor era.
I understand the physics of the basic thermionic valve and the grid but
once they start to get multiple grids and screens in there I am lost.

Can anyone recommend a good website primer on valves / vacuum tubes?

Thanks

Andy

Although you can get decent information by simply doing a Google search,
there is nothing like reading a good book.

I often visit the local used-book stores to find books that were written
"back in the day".

At one time the stores would sell these "obsolete" books for next to
nothing, but now realize they have value so the prices are a bit
higher...but worth every cent.

I believe in supporting the local bookstores first, but if I cannot find
what I want locally I see nothing wrong with going to Amazon.