Old December 19th 14, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default swr goes up on antenna

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 20:12:53 +0000, Channel Jumper
wrote:

I'm not quite sure, but I don't think that it is legal, according to the
Part 97 to transmit a carrier without saying anything.

Wrong.

Part 97.305(a)(b)
(a) Except as specified elsewhere in this part, an amateur
station may transmit a CW emission on any frequency authorized
to the control operator.

(b) A station may transmit a test emission on any frequency
authorized to the control operator for brief periods for
experimental purposes,...

http://www.hallikainen.org/FCC/FccRules/2013/97/305/index.php

Actually, you're half right. Much of what I hear on the air is
seriously lacking in content and only a little better than not saying
anything.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D