Old December 19th 14, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default swr goes up on antenna

On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 16:38:58 +0000, Channel Jumper
wrote:

If you transmit a dead carrier and you don't say anything you are in
fact violating the Part 97!

As long as you identify yourself at the end of the transmission (and
every 10 minutes), and not interfering with anyone, methinks it's
legal.

There's no lower limit on the speed of a CW transmission.
Let's do the math for the MINIMUM Morse code speed:
http://www.w8ji.com/cw_bandwidth_described.htm
1 / (0.002 WPM * 0.83 baud/wpm) = 602 seconds (10 mins)
So, if I were experimenting with ultra narrow band long range Morse
code or data transmission, that requires that I send very slowly, my
MINIMUM speed would be 0.002 words per minute before one needs to
identify.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney.

--
Jeff Liebermann