Old January 18th 15, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Antenna recommendation needed

Bruno wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 21:28:07 +0000, jimp wrote:

Verticals; if you have a lot of area, phased vertical arrays.

Aren't verticals more inclined to generate interference?

No.

BTW, my plot is 120' by 90' so I think an array at HF will be impossible.
The feed point will be pretty much central to the plot, though.

A 40M four square would be a push, but a 20M a slam dunk.

DXEngineering has a lot of stuff and info for building various vertical
arrays with phased feeding.

The simplest array is 3 verticals about .23 lambda tall spaced at about
..34 lambda with just the center one fed.

With the other two undrounded, you get a typical, omnidirectional vertical
pattern.

If you ground the outer two (think remote relays) you get a broadside
pattern like a dipole with about 3.5 dBi gain.

Of course your ground will make a difference and likely the more radials
you can bury the better it will be unless you live in a swamp.

Verticals want a good ground, horizontals want a better than .5 lambda
height.

--
Jim Pennino