Old January 19th 15, 02:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Antenna recommendation needed

"Wayne" wrote in message

If you can handle a 30 foot vertical (advertised by MFJ and others) it
might

work well with a good ground.
If the real estate is limited for ground wires, just do the best you can,
and live with it.

If your restrictions do not allow a permanent 30 foot vertical, you might
get permission to tilt it down when not in use.

I have worked a few stations on 20 M that are using a vertical about 43 feet
tall. I think that will exceed the heigth that can be installed at that
location, but if not, something to think about.

If the band is in good shape, it is possiable to work with minimal antennas.
I have worked many mobile stations with the screwdriver antennas on 20
meters and they had very good signals.