Old January 20th 15, 11:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Spike[_3_] Spike[_3_] is offline

Default Antenna recommendation needed

On 20/01/15 21:40, Bruno wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 16:09:25 +0000, Spike wrote:

How close to it are you? Over what arc of the compass does the slope
cover?

Good point. I'd forgot to specify that. I'm about fairly close to the
summit and the ground drops away mainly to the SSE with the coast about a
mile away. From here I can see couple of miles out to sea. Since I'm in
the centre of the British Isles, I'm in a great position for getting good
signals to and from South Africa - but not really anywhere else! :-(

What a beautiful part of the country! Many decades ago my parents
retired to live in a small village on the River Lune.

Pity about the take-off from your site :-( but the lower bands might be
well workable via a vertical. Use a horizontal for NVIS, and keep your
fingers crossed for some DX.

--
Spike

"Hard cases, it has frequently been observed, are apt to introduce bad
law". Judge Rolfe