Old January 28th 15, 12:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Radials and Verticals

wrote in message
There was no difference where the whip was resonant, same as I see no
difference between any of the vehicles I've used it on, both small cars,
and large trucks. Which tells me the vehicles act much more like an
untuned
ground radial system, than the mirror image of a loaded dipole.
A cement balcony floor with mesh "should" act about the same way.
It should be about like a mobile parked on top of a multi story parking
garage.

The vehicle acts more like a capacitor to couple to the ground instead of a
radial system.