Old January 28th 15, 02:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Radials and Verticals

Irv Finkleman VE6BP wrote:
wrote:

(snipped for brevity)
But if that balcony floor is cement, likely with rebar in it, that
may well de-tune any tuned radials you would lay out.

So I'd probably prefer Jim's chicken wire plate idea in that case.

Good idea Jim, especially reinforced by Mark's opinion. The floor is
concrete so I'd expect it to have some rebar in there. I'll check and
see what I can get. I'll also see if copper screen is available. It
might be a little better than the chicken wire, and easier on the
rubberlike deck coating they have over the cement.
Thanks for both inputs.

Irv VE6BP

One other point; there will likely be a lot of RF on your coax shield,
so a choke of some sort will be a good idea.

--
Jim Pennino