Old February 5th 15, 11:54 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default FM for the Eddystone EA12?

"John Davis" wrote in message
On 2/2/2015 6:44 AM, gareth wrote:

I recall when I was in college, The teacher showed us an old movie
produced by the US-Army on FM radio, it eatured SLOPE detection of an FM
signal... I will not say more but you could tell who in the class had a
ham license and/or experience with FM radio right quick when that hit.
(All the students ROFL in case nobody here is old enough to recall Slope
Detection).

I know about the slope detectiion and am 65.

I don't have any of the very old gear, but every so often I listen to the
hams around 3.85 MHz. that use the old military and AM gear. While I don't
think it is really legal (and don't really care) some of those AM
transmitters sound beter if I switch to FM on my Icom 746 pro. I think when
they were made they seem to put out about as much FM as AM.