Old September 18th 03, 02:48 AM
Dr. Anton Squeegee

In article , Paul
says...

Hello all,

I am finding out about getting a GMRS license, and I guess there is
no test for it but the cost is $75.

How about for Amateur radio for the 2 meter band? Is there a test, a
test and a fee, or just a fee.

Test and fee. The test covers electronics and RF theory, Part 97
rules, and amateur service operating practices. Commercial traffic is
prohibited, just as on GMRS.

http://www.arrl.org should contain much of the info you will need.
It is not possible to take exams online. They must be taken in person.

My advice would be to find a ham radio club local to your area,
and see if they have any license instruction classes coming up.

Good hunting.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)