Old February 23rd 15, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur
Jim GM4DHJ... Jim GM4DHJ... is offline

Default The inefficiency of short antennae compared to long antennae, as previously discussed.

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
On 24/10/14 17:28, Lostgallifreyan wrote:
Brian Reay wrote in :

I think the English have mastered the Biscuit.

Can't argue with that. Evenm the cheap shop's own brand ginger biscuits
rock.
There are some flaws though, those weird tinned ones that look (and
taste)
like soem papery composite, and the ones with a blob of jam as tough as
Torrseal, those take careful suspension of disbelief (and a friendly
dentist
within easy reach too).

I think you mean 'Jammy Dodgers', dreadful things. Not to keen on 'Jaffa
Cakes' either- too soft and glue like.

Fig Rolls are good. Someone I knew (not sure who it was) called them 'dead
fly rolls' and I always chuckle when I have one.

Hovis do a digestive which go very well with cheese, I had a couple last
night at my club (a Trafalgar Night Dinner). Excellent with glass of good
port. Not always easy to find in the shops but the large stores tend to
stock them.

Ayton sandwich biscuit made in glasgow...the best...not seen one for
years...