Old February 24th 15, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
John Davis[_3_] John Davis[_3_] is offline

Default lightning

On 2/20/2015 4:36 PM, Kurt Stocklmeir wrote:
I would like to know how much am and fm radio waves are made by
lightning

has any person tried this - when lightning is around use their
radio to find how many watts of am and fm radio waves are made by
lighning

The answer to the question "has anyone tried to find out" is yes, there
have been a couple of genuine properly conducted studies (Several in
fact) into how much power is present in a lightening bolt.. They did
not, far as I know, break it down into AM or FM (RF power is RF power,
how you modulate it is up to you) but they have measured it, Many times.

now, the implied question: How much power in a lightening bolt? I once,
long ago, knew the answer, Since I have read a couple of those studies,
or read of them,,, and I have also, long ago, forgotten the answer.

--
Home, is where I park it.

---