Old March 5th 15, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Platt[_2_] Dave Platt[_2_] is offline

Default Fish finder question?

In article , rickman wrote:

I read the wikipedia page and they say, "For a lossless line, R and G
are both zero". How dem do dat? Isn't R = 1/G?

I think they're referring to series R (that is, resistive loss in the
conductors) and shunt G (perfect dielectric, infinitely high shunt
resistance between the conductors).

With those being posited, all of the current flow is into or through
reactances (non-dissipative impedances) , and there's no current flow
through anything with resistive loss (dissipative impedance).