Old March 6th 15, 02:44 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jerry Stuckle Jerry Stuckle is offline

Default The biscuit barrel

On 3/5/2015 8:40 PM, Brian Reay wrote:
"Iain Young, G7III" wrote:
On 05/03/15 23:04, gareth wrote:

"Iain Young, G7III" wrote in message

An awful lot of evidence by citing off-the-shelf solutions for both
the hardware and the software of SDR.

Then a) your definition of "off-the shelf" is different to mine,
and b) you should have no problems producing a flowgraph for whatever
particular purpose you choose. Do share, I would be interested in what
techniques you would use within the software sphere.

gnuradio is only a toolkit. It lets you build any transceiver, receiver,
or transmitter you want, hardware permitting.

He could always write his own software, after all he is on record as saying
amateurs should do so and not use commercial software or run software on
commercial hardware. He also claims to have written an OS. It is all in the
archive, around the time he last suggest his biscuit idea.

ROFLMAO! He couldn't count to 10 in ANY programming language. He
doesn't even know what an OS is - much less having written one.

I wonder how many of the biscuits he has designed, built, and has put on
air since then? He still seems to be running commercial software, almost
certainly on commercial hardware. I suppose we will have to wait, it was
only a decade or so ago.

;-)

Yea, going to take another couple of centuries. He hasn't even gotten
the spark gap he started in 1907 working yet.

Anyway, time to turn the radios off and get some sleep.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address