Old March 6th 15, 07:46 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
AndyW AndyW is offline

Default The biscuit barrel

On 05/03/2015 23:04, gareth wrote:
"Iain Young, G7III" wrote in message

An awful lot of evidence by citing off-the-shelf solutions for both
the hardware and the software of SDR.

It depends where you draw the line.
I have a DVB dongle that I use under linux.
I use pre-written drivers and a waterfall code module but the rest of
the code is self-written by me in c++ and python with some java 2D stuff
for the pretty front end and logging and analysis (largely because I
prefer the collections interface in Java over c++ for massive data
handling).

It is certainly homebrew because the amount of time and effort I spent
in writing to code (and time to learn python on codeacademy - good site
BTW) was probably longer than I have spent designing and building hardware.

Your mileage may vary....

Andy