Old December 28th 03, 10:20 PM
Reg Edwards

Default Broadcast Station Field Strengths..

Could someone please give me an idea of the field strength, in terms of
volts/meter, which broadcasters expect will provide a MINIMUM SATISFACTORY
service in various sorts of service areas.

Obviously, satisfactory field strength depends on broadcasters' estimates of
noise levels, typical antennas, and types of receivers. I am not interested
in noise levels. Only in what field strength broadcasters consider
necessary to provide a satisafactory grade of service.

It would be nice to have 4, admittedly crude numbers, for -

MF and HF in densely populated, city areas.

MF and HF in rural areas.

Somebody in broadcasting must surely have some ideas about this.

(I am not interested in sand deserts, antarctica and oceans because nobody
lives there.)
----
Reg, G4FGQ