Old March 19th 15, 06:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Stuckle Jerry Stuckle is offline

Default Connecting multiple filters to multiband antenna

On 3/19/2015 11:26 AM, Brian Reay wrote:

Give that duplexers are just filters connected, in some configurations,
as T, I can't see an issue, provided you avoid introducing 'stubs' due
to lead lengths. If you either keep leads short or go to the trouble of
ensuring all avoiding critical lengths, you should be fine.

I agree. It should work just fine. People do it all the time. This is
really not that much different than what most repeaters use (except, of
course, repeaters use very sharp filters and transmit and receive on the
same band).

To be blunt, I think there has been a lot of 'theoretical flag waving'
in this thread. Having done much the same as what you wish to do and run
the system for years without any noticeable issues, I've tried to give
you the benefit of practical experience. I've three 'white stick'
antennas up, plus a 2m and 4m dipole. I don't run 220MHz as we don't
have an allocation there. Two of the white sticks are more or less
vertically aligned and may be 15 to 20 feet apart. The third is 50 feet
away, at the other end of the house. The 2m and 4m dipole are between
the first two white sticks.

snip

You're right, Brian. A lot of flag waving with no basis in fact, by the
usual suspects.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address