Old April 12th 15, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Tape deck?

On Sat, 11 Apr 2015, gareth wrote:

"Michael Black" wrote in message
xample.org...
On Sat, 11 Apr 2015, Charlie wrote:

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:33:15 +0100, gareth wrote:

But that's ?10 a time for a loop of elastic!

Sometimes you have to shoulder the pain and dust off the wallet!

When I needed a new turntable belt about five years ago, it cost
me around $8.00, but that was at a local store that I could actually
visit. It did seem expensive, but I spent quite a bit on it in 1978, and
it's been fine ever since, except that belt became too loose. So eight
dollars upkeep on something that old is pretty good.

The ITT mono deck is at least 46 years old, and not identified in the
list of spare belts.

You take the existing belt to the store, they don't look for "matching
part number" but for belt that fits. Anyone selling belts at this point
has some idea of how they stretch, so they can find you a belt of the
right length, even though the current belt is likely stretched.

I can't believe this belt is something so out of the ordinary that it has
to be identical to what was put in there in the first place.

Michael