Old September 24th 03, 12:00 PM
Guy P. Distaffen

??????
How would transmitting on FRS frequencies help in this situation? On
the FRS frequencies, the only people I can communicate with, besides anyone
that I have arranged to talk to, are the kids playing around with their toys
and they aren't going to help in a "burning house" situation.
However, ham frequencies are usually monitored and repeaters are more
common. There is always the possibility of autopatch or some other ham to
relay an emergency message.

Guy P. Distaffen

KB0SWS

"Dean Arthur" wrote in message
So if I come upon a burning house, I may then, and only then, modify my
radio to call for help. IF I have means to do so.

Disabled as I am, I guess I must watch house burn and take occupants
with it.

N'est ce pas?