Old May 17th 15, 07:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
gareth gareth is offline

Default Baofeng

Obviously I'd heard of the Baofeng products, and this weekend
was my first opportunity to see one in the flesh, but not in amateur
service, for I was a jump judge at an equestrian event and some of these
little beauties were the 2-way radios supplied to each fence.

Interesting to compare the march of time because a couple of years ago
I picked up a Pye Ranger, a valve PMR, dated 1969, and the microphone alone
is bigger than those Baofeng jobbies.