Old May 24th 15, 02:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Baofeng

"John Davis" wrote in message

Also Amazon sells them.. ANYONE can buy off Amazon (Provided they have a
way to pay) They do not make any effort to verify you are licensed.

And we already have many dealers of radio gear who have been "Raided" by
the FCC for selling ham gear to folks who have no intention of getting a
ham license.... EVER.. (10 meter gear re-tuned in some cases, or capable
of tuning 11 meters).

Does any of the dealers care if the ones they sell gear to in the US are
licensed ? I don't think many if any do.

There is no requirement for a dealer to sell to only people with licenses or
plan on getting one.
The FCC may raid the stores that sell gear that is modified or made
especially for the CB people.I am not sure how it is now, but at one time
anyone that had an amplifer and CB in the same house evenif the amp was not
hooked up could be charged.