Old September 26th 03, 03:29 AM
Denis

Emergency Communications

In a real or simulated emergency, a person operating radio apparatus in the
amateur radio

service may only communicate with a radio station that is in the amateur
radio service in order to

transmit a message that relates to the real or simulated emergency on behalf
of a person,

government or relief organization." SOR/2000-78

VE9DEN thank you.

"Alex de la Cuesta" wrote in message
I think most of the dual band HT can cover the FRS frequencies. I have
TH-F6A and VX-5R and they have this coverage for T/RX. The models that I
mentioned belongs to Kenwood and Yaesu respectively. Also Motorola, Icom,
Uniden, etc. has FRS radios mainly for FRS operation. Concerning the
legalities, just read the rest of the postings...

Have Fun and 73's
DY1ULE

"Neill Burkett" wrote in message
besides the radio shack htx 420 / are there any other radios, preferably
dual band tranceiver that can transmit on the FRS channels as well