Old September 27th 03, 12:35 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Paul (Erie)" wrote in message
Can someone tell me what it takes in terms of how much money to start a
2-meter ham repeater?

Also, does it take extra permission from the FCC to use my repeater on a
specific 144-148 frequency?

No but you better plan on getting it coordinated through your local repeater
coordinating council. If you do not and it causes interference to any
coordinated repeater, the FCC will consider it your responsibility to solve
the interference problem even if that means shutting down. You should know
this from studying for your amateur licensing exams. You should also get a
copy of the Part 97 FCC rules and regs if you are going to operate a
repeater as there are limits on how much power a repeater can put out and
requirements for IDing your repeater.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE