Old July 1st 15, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default Disgusting behavious by hams

"Rob" wrote in message ...

Joe Joe wrote:
I'm getting tired of registering on some new forum EVERY TIME I TURN
AROUND.
Some are pretty good, others are terrible. And the Yahoo! Groups - what a
confusing mess to navigate. Really good information out there on some of
the
groups/forums, but register, register, register - login, login, login.

I guess I'm just getting old and paranoid. I don't do "social media",
especially
Facebook and Twitter. I prefer not to give my life details away just to be
sold
for data fusion for user tracking.

# I completely agree with that, and that is why I am still on usenet.
# However, it is just a clear fact that what is left of it is not comparable
# to what it was before. You may trigger the occasional good discussion,
# but usually it is just the dickheads that come in to ruin it.

Indeed. Remember the GFWs (Great Fractal Wars (tm)) a few years ago.
Lots of discussion and some nasty comments, but usually not as bad as
today's standards.