Old July 6th 15, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Stuckle Jerry Stuckle is offline

Default An antenna question--43 ft vertical

On 7/5/2015 8:23 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 20:05:17 -0400, Jerry Stuckle
wrote:

On 7/5/2015 6:48 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 16:32:49 -0400, Jerry Stuckle
wrote:

So why don't manufacturers design transmitters with 1 ohm output
impedance, Rick? Hint: Sophomore-level AC Circuits course in virtually
any EE degree, and anyone claiming an EE degree should be able to tell why.

Actually, there are low output impedance RF power amps. They're quite
common in NMR power amps to reduce coupling between stages:

Ultra-low output impedance RF power amplifier for parallel excitation

Ultra-low Output Impedance RF Power Amplifier Array
http://cds.ismrm.org/ismrm-2007/files/00172.pdf

We're not talking amateur transmitters, troll. Try to stay on topic -
if that's at all possible.

NMR is Nuclear Magnetic Resonance. To the best of my knowledge,
medical imaging in not performed by amateurs. I realize that the
translation from Chinese to English is somewhat lacking in the above
articles. I think if you make the effort, you might learn something
about low output impedance power amplifiers, which seems to be a topic
drift that *YOU* started with the above "1 ohm" question. Since the
original question of the purpose of the matching transformer on the 43
ft vertical has been correctly answered at least 3 times, I would
guess that some topic drift might be acceptable. Do continue.

Since the original question is addressed to Rick, I won't ruin your
fun by providing an answer. No need to thank me.

We're not talking about NMR. We're discussing amateur ratio.

Try to stay on target, troll.

And no, I didn't start ANY topic on output impedance drift. But you're
too stoopid to understand the topic at hand, so I can see how you can
come to that conclusion.

Fortunately, intelligent people understand the thread and the fact I
didn't start the topic on impedance drift. The fact you think I did
proves your stoopidity.

As well as the fact that amateurs have anything to do with NMR.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address