Old July 12th 15, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe from Kokomo[_2_] Joe from Kokomo[_2_] is offline

Default Votage drop in week-old Eneloops?

On 7/12/2015 8:20 AM, nicola wrote:
How much voltage do Eneloops loose after a week? This is my situation in
more detail.....

I have an old Sony digital shortwave radio from the 1980s which works
slightly better on alkalines but I use Eneloops because it's cheaper.

Eneloops last about 9 or 10 days before the radio won't switch on.

I alternate between 2 sets of Eneloops. Each week I take the used Eneloops
out of the radio and put in a new set which were charged the week before.

How much voltage will the week-old Eneloops have lost? I am more concerned
about losing radio perfomance (which is why I am asking about voltage) than
total charge.

The answers to most of your Eneloop questions can be found he

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eneloop

If the radio has enough voltage to turn on and operate, you will not be
losing any perceptible performance.