Old July 14th 15, 04:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
nicola nicola is offline

Default Votage drop in week-old Eneloops?

On 13:49 12 Jul 2015, Joe from Kokomo wrote:

On 7/12/2015 8:20 AM, nicola wrote:
How much voltage do Eneloops loose after a week? This is my
situation in more detail.....

I have an old Sony digital shortwave radio from the 1980s which works
slightly better on alkalines but I use Eneloops because it's cheaper.

Eneloops last about 9 or 10 days before the radio won't switch on.

I alternate between 2 sets of Eneloops. Each week I take the used
Eneloops out of the radio and put in a new set which were charged the
week before.

How much voltage will the week-old Eneloops have lost? I am more
concerned about losing radio perfomance (which is why I am asking
about voltage) than total charge.

The answers to most of your Eneloop questions can be found he

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eneloop

If the radio has enough voltage to turn on and operate, you will not
be losing any perceptible performance.

I had the somewhat unscientific but nevertheless distinct impression
that reception on my radio (Radio 4 FM and Radio 5 MW) got worse as the
battery ran down.