Old July 31st 15, 06:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rickman rickman is offline

Default "Bal uhn" or "bayl uhn"?

On 7/31/2015 12:19 PM, John S wrote:
On 7/31/2015 1:15 AM, rickman wrote:
On 7/30/2015 10:52 PM, David Ryeburn wrote:
In article , rickman
wrote:

I can't say I agree with your "choking" impedance idea. The coax
connects to the balun in the same way it connects to the antenna.

No, it's really rather different.

You aren't explaining anything.

Now you are being argumentative, Rick. Do you want to continue the
dialog or not?

That is BS. Saying something is "different" with no explanation is not
"discussion" and is not useful to a "dialog". I'm just pointing that out.

In fact, much of what is being said here is talking past the points I
have made. Rather than try to understand what is going on, most here
seem to just repeat the standard explanation without thinking it
through. One of the references discusses the case of a balun made by
wrapping the coax around a core, but when discussing a separate balun
made of wires they say, "When constructed of twisted-pair line, the
effect on imbalance current is the same and for the same reasons, but
operation is more difficuit to visualize". That is a cop-out. A pair
of wires is very clearly different from a coax.

Anytime you don't wish to reply to my posts you are free to refrain.

--

Rick