Old August 3rd 15, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe from Kokomo[_2_] Joe from Kokomo[_2_] is offline

Default Collins will no longer make filters ...

On 8/3/2015 1:14 AM, wrote:
It seems the demand has dropped so much they have decided to stop making them , at least for the hobbyist. This is very sad news.

Where did you read this?

The 500 Hz CW filter in my Yaesu FT-1000MP is a Collins mechanical
filter and works well.

Just speculation on my part, but maybe DSP filtering is becoming so good
that it is reducing the demand for physical filters. ????