Old August 7th 15, 06:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rickman rickman is offline

Default Antennas - balanced or not?

On 8/7/2015 11:26 AM, John S wrote:
On 8/6/2015 11:33 AM, rickman wrote:

I asked that we not consider baluns and I did not ask that we consider
antenna patterns. Your comments seem to be designed to undermine the
discussion.

John, I find your reply to be rather bizarre. In the message you
replied to, I didn't mention antenna patterns at all. I only mentioned
the balun as an example of how current can be equal on both terminals,
but the device can be either balanced or unbalanced.

Rather than respond to the majority of my post which does meet your
criteria, you chose to ignore that, snip the entire post and complain.

In particular you ignored this part...

I'm not sure what you are asking. I don't want to get into a pedantic thing. Let's just iron out the misunderstanding and move forward.

Your own post is rather inflammatory and counter productive in a
conversation. If you want to discuss this topic, why not respond to the
parts of my post which are in line with your requests?

How about this circuit. Is it balanced?

,------o

GEN

+------o