Old August 8th 15, 03:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BDK[_7_] BDK[_7_] is offline

Default Amazon vs. Walmart

In article ,
says...

On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 9:29:34 AM UTC-4, Nyssa wrote:
wrote:

One chart comparison:
http://www.businessinsider.com/amazo...e-chart-2015-7

Things that stand out:
Amazon 20% growth in 2014 versus Walmart's 1.9%
Amazon 250 million products versus Walmart's 4.2 million
Amazon adds 75,000 new items every day
Amazon 244 million active users versus Walmart's 100
million customers per week

And NO rip off sales tax for me when buying from Amazon!

I pay sales tax at amazon now, but not if I go through
one of their Marketplace sellers, so there is still a
dodge if I can find the item I want that way.

But the biggest difference between amazon and WalMart
(which I do NOT shop at...ever!) is that there is a
wider range of of *quality* items rather than the
one-junk-fits-all mentality of WalMart's line of merchandise.

If I want a high-end stereo, for example, I'd be able to
find those components at amazon while WalMart only offers
the lower end of the spectrum and often "specially made
for WalMart" items that are even of poorer quality (and
cheaper to make) than the normal low-end stuff from that
manufacturer.

Nyssa, who knows that she wouldn't find Bose or Louis
Vuiton items at WalMart

Amazon is actually selling high end stereos ?

Bose is anything but high end.

--
BDK: Head Government Shill, and future Psychotronic World Dominator.
Master of Remote Viewing. Level 5 expert in kOOkStudies.