Old August 9th 15, 06:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rickman rickman is offline

Default Antennas - balanced or not?

On 8/9/2015 12:13 AM, John S wrote:
On 8/8/2015 5:38 PM, rickman wrote:
On 8/8/2015 8:24 AM, John S wrote:
On 8/7/2015 12:02 PM, rickman wrote:

How about this circuit. Is it balanced?

,------o

GEN

+------o

,---,
\ /
'

No. Because there is one current path on the top and two current paths
on the bottom.

So how does that rule apply to your circuit?

In the same way that it would apply to any circuit. Is this your attempt
at a trick question?

Where do you get this stuff??? How is this question a "trick" question.
This circuit has one arm of the generator grounded. You said it is
not balanced because the one arm has two possible current paths while
the other has but one. Your circuit has two possible current paths
while the other has but one. So it seems a simple conclusion that by
your definition of balanced circuit both of these circuits are unbalanced.

Where is the trick and why would you think this is a "trick"?

So, I have answered your questions. Don't you think it is time you
answered my question? You will have to read back in the thread to
refresh your memory although I remember that you posted that you don't
do that. I have come to believe that your attitude and responses here
are simply that you don't have an interest in discussing the technical
aspects but want to create further confrontation. My conclusion
therefore is that you are a troll. If you are not, you will reply with
something worth discussing concerning the original post.

I'm not going to try to divine your question by reading back in a long
thread. If you want to have a conversation, fine, what question are you
talking about? If not, I'm done with this. You seem to want to make
this as difficult as possible and I'm a bit tired of it.

You asked if the original circuit is balanced and I have tried to figure
out what your definition of balanced is. Now you seem to think I am
trying to trick you into saying something you don't want to say.
Whatever.

--

Rick