Old August 10th 15, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] pottyscot@gmail.com is offline

Default Japan NRD 525 static problems

On Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 3:30:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I have a Japan NRD 525 which I love and is fairly uncomplicated to use, but very recently I've had severe static problems. And I am wondering if something is wrong with my long wire antennas, or is it in the radio? I have another older radio that I hooked up to my antennas and find there is no static so I am led to believe it is in the radio. Any thoughts or suggestion on where I can go to find out the source of the static, as it is really bad.
John Parrott

Thanks for the suggestions, but something really quirky happened. The static has gone away, and how and why, I don't know. I agree with Simon about the sound quality of the NRD 525, the inboard speaker is not up to par with Japan Radio components. I have a mint condition Panasonic RF-4900 that has excellent sound via inboard speaker and even better with phones. But the basic problem with static on my NRD 525 has gone away, and that has me puzzled.