Old December 30th 03, 11:55 PM
Dave Shrader

Cecil Moore wrote:

Reg Edwards wrote:

It is well known 3-phase power line transmission is more efficient
than the
regular single phase. The PA is OK. Can anyone provide a circuit
diagram
for a 3 -phase SWR/Forward & Reflected Power meter. Thanks in advance.

Most three-phase power meters in my old college textbooks assume
that the voltages are balanced. Is that a good assumption?

Only if the three sources and three loads are balanced!

Hmmm ... Three phase coherent amplifiers, 0, 120, and 240 degree phase
shift, driving three antennas with uniform mutual coupling coefficients,
being measured by a three phase SWR/Forward & Reflected Power meter.

Sounds like an interesting system!!

I think the US Navy found an easier solution with variable phased arrays!

DD, W1MCE