Old August 20th 15, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default 2m antenna and Micro Inverters

Tom wrote:
Yes, but Enphase Microinverters shut off, SolarEdge inverters shut off, for
just that reason. This makes them certifiable. They are probably the better
ones for my application.

You mentioned it was possible with more equipment. Can you elaborate? I want
to primarily be on the program, but when my grid goes down for any serious
length of time what more equipment would you recommend me considering that
both meets the code, made in Ontario and is tried and true, suitable for the
program. I don't want knock offs or copies, or offshore stuff. Must be
certified and meet the code, etc etc, and not so complicated it needs NASA
Satelite Engineers to approve my drawings.

Thanks

I have nothing to do with solar systems and what I know is based on
the research I did to decide whether or not such a system made any
sort of sense in my situation.

I did not find any system that would maintain power in a grid outage
that did not include some sort of backup power, i.e. either a battery
storage system or an autostart generator.

All the systems I found were integrated systems in that I did not find
anything you could add to an existing simple PV system and convert it
to one that would maintain power in a grid outage.

All I can suggest is an extensive web search to see if there is anything
on the market that meets your needs.

--
Jim Pennino