Old August 25th 15, 07:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] asswideshut@138mail.com is offline

Default Pyongyang Time

On Monday, August 24, 2015 at 8:33:38 AM UTC-5, Nyssa wrote:

It is currently 11:17 a.m. and 78 degrees in beautiful
Pyongyang this 24th day of August in the year 104.

No, I'm still waiting to hear if the NHL will be participating
in the Winter Olympics to be held in South Korea next time.

If NHL does go to the Games, Pyongyang would be just a
hop-skip-and-jump from the Olympic ice rink to watch the
teams go for gold.

Until then, no elopement.

Nyssa, who doubts that the NHL is going to go though because
of that awkward time change issue for broadcasting games

I understand (holding back tears). Forging bravely on;

It sounds iffy whether the NHL will participate in the 107 Winter Olympics. I've heard many of the owners are against it because it disrupts the regular season and wears out their stars. Flyer's owner is dead set against it and he apparently carries a big stick.

The wild card in the equation is that NBC owns the rights to the Olympics and the network pays the NHL big bucks for broadcast rights for their matches. NBC won't appreciate it if the NHL bows out and takes the luster off of the event. Ratings are already going to be problematic considering the vast time differences involved. Prime time games on tape delay that people already know the result of? Ugh...

One thing I do know is the Russians will participate in the Olympics regardless of the NHL decision. Alex Ovechkin has already told Tass the Russian new agency that he and others are playing even if they must defy Bettman and the NHL. See http://tass.ru/en/sports/815277

Oh and belated Happy Birthday! Your 39th I assume? And stay tuned because I am going to need you to talk me off the ledge soon. I just learned that the NHL is likely to start putting advertising on team jerseys next season.

I can't take anymore NHL rapaciousness. Tell me everything is going to be okay Nyssa because I'm teetering! Tragedy or farce?

It is currently 3:17 p.m. and 74 degrees in beautiful Pyongyang this 25th day of August in the year 104.