Old August 31st 15, 10:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
bilou bilou is offline

Default modelling Yagi boom effects

"Brian Howie" wrote in message
The questions I have a- Were Tonna being overcautious ? Is my modelling
software inadequate for boom effect modelling .

Hi
I think he used the same pilars on his 10cm beam that is fed from a
rectangular wave guide above the boom.
It seems he was also using them for 900Mhz yagis made for the american
market.
I can't be sure as I only have the 10 cm beam here.
It's elements are 4 cm above the boom.
One problem I remember from the 55 elements was QSB during high winds
but I am not sure if it was due to boom bending or rotor slackness.